Children with any of the following symptoms will not be permitted to remain in daycare. While we regret any inconvenience this may cause, we need to enforce this policy to protect all the children in our care and staff from unnecessary exposure to communicable disease. If your child has any of these symptoms, please pick them up ASAP, see your doctor, keep them home, or make appropriate arrangements for their care. After you see your doctor please call us and let us know what your child has or has had. We would like to let the other parents know what to watch for. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask the office. Thanks!
1. Fever of at least 100 degrees F. under arm and who also have one or more of the following:
*Signs of Irritability or Confusion
2. Fever of 102.0 degrees F. or higher.
3. Vomiting on 2 or more occasions within the past 24 hours.**
4. Diarrhea – 3 or more watery stools within a 24 hour period, or any bloody stool.**
5. Eye discharge or conjunctivitis until clear or until 24 hours have passed since starting antibiotic treatment, if treatment is necessary.
6. Sick appearance, not feeling well and/or not able to keep up with program activities.
7. Open or oozing sores, unless properly covered and 24 hours have passed since starting antibiotic treatment, if treatment is necessary.
8. Lice or nits; children and staff may return to daycare after treatment and no nits.
9. Suspected communicable skin infection such as impetigo, or scabies. The child may return 24 hours after starting treatment.
**During periods high occurrence of vomiting/diarrhea in the center children will be sent home at first sign of symptoms and required to stay home for 24 hours after symptoms resolve.
First Years Children's Center Contacts:
Phone: (206) 842-6363
Cell (texting only): (206) 823-9445
Fax: (206) 842-7017
Emily, Executive Director:
First years is closed on the following days:
New Years Day
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Thanksgiving Day and Friday After
First Years follows the Bainbridge School District for inclement weather decisions, with the exeption if our staff can't make it in. In that case we aren't able to open. Below is a link to their website to reference.